Universities throughout the world offer free course through this website. They are interactive and interesting. As a writer, continuous learning, research and preparation are essential. This link offers every subject you can imagine.
My first course was a refresher course in English, Crafting an Effective Writer, Tools of the Trade. I thought I’d breeze right through it. Boy, was I surprised how much I’ve forgotten since college. Loved it so much, I may sign up again. A new class starts on June 19 and is five weeks long. You’ve still got time. Sign up now!
Here’s what is great about these classes:
1. They’re free. Really. Free
2. The course requirements and syllabus are available to view before you sign up. Most have a video introducing the course expectations.
3. I also loved the flexibility of working at my own pace during the hours I can squeeze into my busy schedule. (OK, maybe I’m not really busy, but I do have a life outside of writing). Most assignments give you a week to complete.
4. The tools provided are fantastic and are developed for success. Reading assignments, videos, homework and critique are included in the course mentioned above. Participants around the world share info, ideas and samples of their writing. The time and effort required far exceeded the fun and knowledge I gained.
5. If you start and find that you can’t complete a course for some reason, no one knows except you. What have you got to lose?
A few other courses that might be of interest:
Modern and Contemporary American Poetry Starts September 12 (Ten weeks)
Plagues, Witches and War, The World of Historical Fiction Always open
About this Author:
Her memoir Peaks & Valleys is available on Amazon.
"So to all my fellow writers, I share words of encouragement. Write from your heart, dare to be heard and give thanks for the gift. You never know what you can do until you try. ~Diane M. How